Friday, November 14, 2008

under dressed

Ever feel like you invited to a costume party, only when you got to the party, you were the only one wearing a costume and the only one with egg all over you? Or that you'd had a bad dream, been sleep walking only you find yourself really awake after all and you've stumbled into a party room and everyone stares and snickers...It's then you remember you sleep au naturelle and you have no where to hide?
This is where I feel I am... Always longing to be an insider, never quite making it anyway, then saying or doing the proverbial wrong thing... If I ever had to do another college paper and it was a descriptive one, I think mine might be entitled "My life as a prune".
Facing facts that you are doing no one any favors is pretty tough. To be able to just shut up and become an introvert, when all you've ever been is an extrovert is like asking a frog to never move from his lily pad. Yet it's what I want. To fit in, to fill in the background. The one always smiling and being smiled at. The one whose motives are never questioned.
Yeah, that is it. Utopia...
Now where did I leave my address book... I was just about up to the "U"s...

No comments: