Monday, November 24, 2008

My heart, Whose Home?

There's a song by Lanny Wolfe that says "if you're not Lord of everything, then You're not Lord at all."
One throne room. One throne. Who sits there today? Was it my desire? Was it my husband's or children's? Did I put something else on the throne today? Was it my need to be right, my need to be loved, or my need to be left alone? What does it mean to be Lord? What does the world think the church means to be Lord? What does the world see as how the church behaves? Does it see her as the virginal bride-to-be, waiting her beloved groom? Does it see her as the town party girl - staining her dress, her vows, her bed, only to be scrubbing them quickly as dawn approaches. Is the dust of the night blown off? Is the smell of the burning earth been 'febreezed' off? How did my life impact my world today? Did it make any difference, to anyone , that I say "Jesus lives in me?" If my Jesus is LORD and I'm His handmaiden in service, really, please tell me, how does that look to you?
"From the inside out, God's looking at me. From the inside out, I hope He likes what He sees. From the outside, I might not look so good, but you might change your mind, if only you could, see me from the inside out." Or...
would you?
Make me like you, please, make me like You. You are a servant, make me one too. O Lord I am willing, do what You must do, to make me like You, Lord. Make me like You.

No comments: