Saturday, November 29, 2008

1 Samuel 30:6

6And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

Webster's 1828 dictionary definition: encourage

ENCOUR'AGE, v.t. enkur'rage. To give courage to; to give or increase confidence of success; to inspire with courage, spirit, or strength of mind; to embolden; to animate; to incite; to inspirit.


I'm not really sure the whys or wherefores; I just 'feel low. Is it physical or just emotional or is one causing the other? I'm not sure. I think haywire hormonal imbalance is part. Nonetheless, I know God is faithful. The scripture that comes to mind was one Miss Gamble was famous for quoting: David encouraged himself in the Lord...when I look up 'encourage' in Webster's dictionary, I see words like courage, embolden, inSpirit!

I'm guessing it's time for me to shut this down and spend time in the Word - to encourage myself in the Lord. For by my God, I can run through a troop and leap over a wall!


Psalm 18:28-30

28For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.

29For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.

30As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.





No comments: